Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do the headboards attach?
We recommend Wall Mounting our headboards. They are delivered with a wall bracket already mounted on the back of the headboard and an easy fit plywood mounting plate is supplied for you to fix on the wall.
It is a simple DIY job and when complete all you do is hang the headboard on the bracket supplied. Fitting instructions are provided with your headboard.
If you have plasterboard walls, please ensure that you use plugs/fixings that are appropriate for your wall. We recommended Plasterboard Wall Mounting Fixings.
We offer a delivery/install service. (Auckland area)
2. Where do I measure the height of the headboard from?
Either the top of the base of your bed, or from the floor. Our headboards are mostly 1.8m tall, but as they are custom made we can adjust the height to suit. They can be wall mounted at the height of the base of your bed making them a stunning focal point at 2.1m. Alternatively, they are still a tall 1.8m at floor height.
3. Can my headboard be a different size to ones you offer on the website?
Yes, we can and do make headboards in many shapes and sizes. Give us a ring on 021 450 949, we will be very happy to discuss your requirements and provide you with a quote.
4. What fabric choices do you offer?
We love working with a full range of fabrics, inc. patterns and plains, linens, velvets, cottons etc. Please contact us on 021 450 949 to discuss what you are looking for, then we can arrange to send swatch samples to you.
5. Can I buy more of my fabric?
Yes, we sell fabric separately, when you have made your choice, just ask for a quote per metre for the additional fabric.
6. Can I supply my own fabric?
Certainly! Once you have selected your size of headboard and the design you like, phone us for a quote.
7. How long will it be before I receive my headboard?
We pride ourselves on good communication, your headboard will be with you in about 3 weeks, at a delivery time to suit.
8. How much will delivery be?
We charge $75 for delivery or $200 delivery/install within the Auckland area. Please contact us for a quote if you are outside Auckland.
9. What if there is a problem?
We are proud of the quality and advice that we offer at The Headboard Company, and therefore we want you to be entirely satisfied with your headboard. All our headboards are custom made, to order, so if you do wish to return your item(s) due to either a manufacturing fault or transit damage, please ensure the following:
- You contact us within 7 working days from reciept of your goods.
- Contact us via email or by telephone.
- Return the products to us in their original packaging within 30 days of receipt.
- Return goods in a new and unused condition, together with a copy of your original receipt.
- If you feel the goods are faulty please contact us immediately and we will then contact you to resolve the matter, the above conditions also apply.
- In the event of a refund being issued, this will be done on receipt of the goods in their original packaging and in an unused condition.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
If we haven’t answered your question, please drop us an email or phone us for more information.